Spirulina is considered a super food that has several benefits, that's why at Glow we love to use it in our smoothies. Although we’ve been discovering Spirulina recently, it’s in fact more than 3 billion years and was present at the origin of life on earth.
Spirulina in numbers:
- 1st source of chlorophyll
- 1st source of easily assimilable protein (up to 75% of its weight is protein)
- 1st source of B12 (great for vegans)
- 25 times more beta-carotene than carrots
- 26 times more calcium than milk
- 28 times more iron than beef liver
Some of the benefits of Spirulina:
- Helps compensate for dietary deficiencies
- Speeds up recovery of muscle fatigue
- Stimulates the digestive system
- Detoxifies the body of heavy metals
- Stimulates the metabolism
- Promotes a good immune system
You can take Spirulina tablets, or buy Spirulina in powder and add it to your smoothies or juices. Enjoy !